PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Everyone's Gone To The Ravelry




It seems harder to find a knitter around anymore, unless you look on Ravelry. Anytime I go over there, even late in the evening, there are a couple hundred users on the site at the same time. I know that they are still adding members, and the site seems huge as it is! I'm still working on uploading my projects (very slowly), and haven't even begun to add my stash yarns and my needle inventory. My downfall is the project pages. I'm losing hours browsing around there. And by adding the ones I like to my queu, I can go back and find the project notes and the folks currently knitting it, with pictures of the individual projects easy to find and compare. How useful!

I've joined four of the groups, and more groups are being added to the site daily. It certainly is fun to play around there.

Work continues to plod along. The air conditioning still only works when it wants to; only the old office phones are working. The computer has found a couple new and creative ways to stop being useful. There is a mouse living somewhere in the storage area. And the roof still leaks. And some of the new plumbing fixtures had to be replaced, already. At least I am only working regular hours this week. Next week, who knows?

Joe planted a little cactus a couple years ago. It refuses to grow any way except sideways. But each year it blooms madly. These are the blooms for this week, and my contribution to Friday's Flowers.

Have a great weekend! See you at the Ravelry!





Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravelry is just such a lot of fun! And I love your flower shots!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Starting to feel left out. :( My own fault, I guess. Pretty pretty flower!

2:51 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

That is one sexy cactus flower!

Hope things improve at work. You need something better.

3:54 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

I don't want to be that organized! Hope things are cooling off for you!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit Ravelry has taken up a lot of my time this week. I too am spending a lot of time looking at all the projects. This coming week I really have to get back to my blogging.

Beautiful cactus flower!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ravelry huh? Well there are about 5000 people ahead of me in line so I guess I need to find a way to be productive while I'm still on the ouside cause I know it'll just be one big knitting party once I get my invitation. hehe

4:21 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I agree. Knit bloggers are awol...
:)
but wow Ravelry is amazing...!
(((hugs)))

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home