PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Last Two of the Year


So the last two official finished objects of the year have been photographed for posterity. Poppa Deer was more than happy to oblige me by modeling the scarves. First is the official picture of my mom's Branching Out. It is knit of Frog Tree Fingering Alpaca in beige. I will finally get to the Post Office sometime this week to mail it out.

Second is my contribution to the Red Scarf project. It's made of washable acrylic and is 60 inches long and 9 inches wide -- a bit wider than expected, but I'm sure it will be accepted just the same. Next time I will have much nicer yarn to knit with.

I'm glad I was able to finish this scarf. I was feeling bad that I wasn't able to get much knitting done the last few months. Of course, there were all the extra hours I had to put in at work, which thankfully should be over now. Then I had my right arm go out on me. I'm pleased to report, though, that it seems to have recovered very nicely and I can now knit basically at will again. I just have to be careful lifting or pulling anything with any weight to it. And then, like Margene (and mostly because of Margene!), I started playing with my drop spindle and gave up some knitting time to that fascinating new occupation!

What shall I resolve for the New Year? To knit up a bunch of the stash; to knit more socks; to knit and spin and finish more projects than I did this year. To do more charity knitting. To spend some time doing cross stitch again. And some quilting. And to clean more crap out of the garage! But first -- Barbara wants a knit hat. And Joe wants handknit sleeping socks. They asked for handknits!!!

It's going to be a good year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great scarves. Have a very Happy New Year!

9:30 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Gorgeous scarves, and what a dear model!

Hand-knit bed-socks: You know, he'll need two pair. One to wear and one to wash. You might try putting his feeties in angora. Doesn't he deserve to be cuddled with bunny fur?

10:20 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Branching out is So lovely Pat. You are an incredible lace knitter. Happy new year

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home