PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, March 03, 2008

A Prairie Silk Set

Once the Moderne Baby Blanket was finished, I fell into a flurry of finish-itis. On Friday I finished the Moss Gauntlets. The pattern is Natalya, the yarn Brown Sheep Prairie Silk, which unfortunately has been discontinued. It took a skein for each gauntlet. I did these on US Size 7 bamboo DPNS. The only modification I made to the pattern was to use only six pattern repeats for the arm, thus cutting the arm length approximately in half.



I had one skein left of the Prairie Silk (color Moss, for those who want to know) and while at work on Saturday I knocked out a Calorimetry headband. I had read on Ravelry about size issues with this; I cast on 100 stitches on US Size 8 needles and did 14 repeats of Row 5. Because I was using a solid color yarn, and because I wanted to make this a set with the gauntlets, I put four columns of cables in the center of the band. Hear it is, modeled by Barbara on Sunday afternoon.







My frenzy of knitting also involved sorting through my stash on Sunday. For those of you watching my activity on Ravelry, no, I did not go out and buy a massive amount of stash. I've just been adding yarns that have been in stash for a while. One of these weekends I'll finish up cataloguing the rest of the skeins.



Tomorrow is Joe's birthday; tomorrow is Felicity's birthday; tomorrow is also fellow blogger Roxie's birthday! Head on over and wish her a happy one!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Ah, shazam! Thanks so much!!

The band and mitts makes a stunning set. Brilliant work!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

In warm climates the fingerless mitts and headbands are the perfect wearable knits!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

LOVE the cables!!!
(Happy Birthday Joe! and everyone else, too!)
(((hugs)))

9:46 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

long live the babushka
i love yorus

6:17 PM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

The mitts and headband came out great! Happy Birthday to all.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home