PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Walking on River Rocks



The River Rocks Monkey Socks were finished on Sunday. I was hoping for some sunshine to take a decent picture, but no luck. These are my eighth pair of completed socks. There are two pair on the needles; one pair is the Welsh Country Stockings and the other is a new pair of Monkey Socks. The Monkey pattern was so easily memorized, I couldn't imagine not casting on for another pair right away.




I'm having lace knitting issues these days. I'm not happy with my Icarus shawl. Not the pattern, I do like the pattern, but I'm not happy at all now with the mohair yarn I'm using. I was having some doubts about it, but still knitting away, then I went to check out all the Icarus shawls on Ravelry and I realized that I'm just not getting the results I wanted. So Icarus is in hibernation, and will probably be abandoned in favor of either merino or alpaca laceweight. In the meantime, I'm feeling the lack of lace knitting in my life. I've got the yarn to do a Wool Peddler's Shawl, but that means a lot of garter stitch before the lace begins. I've already got two blankets going in garter stitch, and I'd like to do something that isn't so garter stitch heavy. There's more laceweight in the stash; I'll have to do some serious stash-diving and come up with something to satisfy that persistent lace craving.


We continue to have rain every day. The weeds are growing like mad. I finally got to weed wack the back yard today, just in the nick of time. I was putting the tools away when it began to thunder once again. I had to get the exterminator out today as well. There has been so much rain and everything is so totally sodden that the little creepy beasties are all searching for a dry home and want to share ours.

This will be my last post until next week. Our anniversary is coming up and we are taking a long weekend away by ourselves. The new Monkey socks will be allowed to come along, however. Hopefully I will find some sun to take a decent picture or two. Also perhaps some dry weather so I can get walking again! See you all next week!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Enjoy your weekend and congrats!! Love the Monkey socks and if you aren't happy with Icarus in mohair then go for something else...life's too short.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Happy early Anniversary and enjoy your long weekend!

12:05 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Have a GREAT time!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Nice socks! It's good to know the koigu holds out for a complete sock... I've got some in the queue.

Happy Anniversary! Do I remember that our anniversaries are on the same day? Maybe a long weekend will get your lace mojo going again.

3:51 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

The socks look terrific! Have a Happy Anniversary---and a nice respite! Here's hoping for some dry weather upon your return ;-)

4:43 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Absolutely great socks, but oh my those butterfly photos below!
Wow...
(((hugs)))

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home