PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Walk With Me Wednesday and See What Grows



I picked the first Big Jim pepper a couple days ago, and I thought then that it's been awhile since I took you on a walk through the garden to see what's growing. Basil, sage, oregano, purple coneflower, Baja primrose, and plenty more peppers. The pears are doing well and should be ripe in about another four weeks. The rains are here and they are doing the irrigation work for me now. Of course the weeds are springing up as well. I hand pull the ones I can, but the really tough desert natives will get a dose of herbicide to be sure no deep lingering roots remain to sprout again. Some of the native weeds and some non-native weeds are very invasive and we get urged to destroy them on sight. But the natives that flower nicely will get a pass and will be encouraged to drop as many seeds as they like for blooms next year.





































Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Lessee, I recognize pears, and , uh, sage? and basil, and a pepper. You garden really hard! I am SO impressed! Good for you!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden! It makes me wish I had more of a green thumb.

1:13 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh, I want the fresh basil!!!!!! Your garden walks are so fun.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home