PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Epilogue: LittleLace of the Desert





Momma LittleLace was spending Labor Day taking a break from the first Walker Ranch cattle drive. Oh how she missed the clean air of the Grand Canyon! (You certainly didn't hear her muttering something about spending all day every day looking at and smelling cow butt.)

















Moira was spending the weekend back at the Canyon trying to get the d***ed family cabin cleaned up so that the landlord would give her back the security deposit, which she needed to buy all those books required at Wellesley. (No one told her about the collateral expenses.)











Megan and Max the Wonder Sheep were back out in New Hampshire, enjoying the river and waiting to see the leaves turn for fall.


















And Magda was still sitting on that park bench (sweating) in her furs and fancy vintage hat, waiting to be discovered by a Hollywood producer.















JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cast and crew got together this afternoon to enjoy a high-falutin', rip-roarin' good old fashioned cast party, brought on by WINNING PRIZES IN THE AMAZING LACE!!!!! Early this morning it was discovered that the Amazing Lace had awarded PRIZE #6 (Skacel Merino Lace Yarn and other assorted goodies) to the creative effort of LittleLace of the Desert. All parties were quickly contacted and an impromptu party at the home of the author, Pat K, also known as the PumpkinKnitter, was speedily arranged. Much toasting of Academy Award winning performances took place. (And a pox on any member of the cast who suggests that the prize was really awarded to PumpkinKnitter just because she was the one who decided to enter the Amazing Lace in the first place.)
And there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that Baby Lace got into the beer cooler and partied a little too hearty.



P.S. Happiness is being able to call your children (the same children who thought that Mom had totally lost her marbles when she was taking lace everywhere and photographing it, not to mention writing stories about it!!!!!) and tell them that prizes, fame, and glory had been achieved.
P.P.S Many thanks to Rachel and Theresa of The Amazing Lace for the best summer KAL and the best prizes!! And thank you again to everyone who commented on LittleLace and cried, laughed, and applauded as the Serial Adventure unfolded.
P.P.P.S. Yes, Maria, I will save you some of the tea. Despite the fact that you, my own daughter, my own child for whom I am paying fortunes in college tuition, wore a disguise when I made you take pictures of me and the lace at the Grand Canyon.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning in the Amazing Lace, you totally deserved it after putting so much effort into the LittleLace Saga.

4:00 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Yayyyy! Well deserved prizes! Congratulations to Pat and the whole cast and crew! I have enjoyed the story of the LitteLace family immensely! I think Max, the wonder sheep was especially evocative. But I'm SO sorry it's done. Thanks for the wonderful finale!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your winnings. You certainly deserved it! It looks like you knits had quite a good time!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your winnings. You certainly deserved it! It looks like you knits had quite a good time!

2:02 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

OH You are an amazing lacer, knitter blogger.

I needed a laugh and the Cow Butt in the first paragaph did it!!!!!!

I am so glad you are a winner.

6:56 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

OH You are an amazing lacer, knitter blogger.

I needed a laugh and the Cow Butt in the first paragaph did it!!!!!!

I am so glad you are a winner.

6:56 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

OH You are an amazing lacer, knitter blogger.

I needed a laugh and the Cow Butt in the first paragaph did it!!!!!!

I am so glad you are a winner.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

YEAH!!!! I was so bummed when you didn't win over the summer (in the small contests!) - YOU SO DESERVE THIS!!!
I love the saga. I love the lace - I love your creativity. I'm so glad to have met you thru this endeavor...and I hope you have great plans for your winnings...I'll be watching!
(((hugs)))

1:26 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yay Pat!! I didn't CRY!! hehe Congratulations on the fun prize you won!! You deserved to win best in show with your dedication to the whole Amazing Lace Challenge! I enjoyed your writing SO much I will probably read through it all again. :)

Thanks for sharing your talent and beautiful knitting and lovely photography with us through your blog. :)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home