PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Jinxed!


What is it this time with the second sock? Referring, of course, to the second Trekking sock, which seems to have its own let's-drive-the-knitter-crazy agenda. I have tinked and frogged more times than I can remember, and finally capped it off by having to drop and unravel several stitches (a couple of them several times each) in order to pick up missed stitches and other assorted boo-boos. Where am I now? Finally ready to start the toe shaping. Tonight? Maybe. I'm ready to start some new projects. On the left there is some Silky Wool, ready to start another Branching Out (after all, Christmas is coming), and on the right is my reward when I finally finish the Trekking sock. Socks That Rock in the Pebble Beach colorway, which my generous buddy Ann of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stash sent me a while back. Pattern? Probably one of the Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks.

I finished the first Branching Out (Megan LittleLace) on Sunday, and couldn't stand it any longer -- I got out some of that laceweight that Roxie sent me in May and cast on for a new project. What will it be? Stay tuned to see later this week. In the meantime, I think I'll go finish that troublemaking Trekking sock. Will there be more tinking, more frogging? I refuse to let a sock beat me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pebble beach color way is beautiful! Good luck with the sock!

5:22 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Pebble beach is gorgeous. May it hike many miles!

Blessings on that toe. May it go swift and steady.

Love your model for the branching out scarf. what a pretty kitty! (One of the pukeweasles?)

This is me, checking in three times a day to see what you will use and how. Whatcha gonnado? Whatcha gonnado? Huh? Huh?? Wayyy cool!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

No, do not let that sock get to you! .... Like this entrelac scarf is getting to me. Do as I say, not as I do!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home