PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shades of LittleLace

The LittleLace Saga (see sidebar) took place in a number of locations, the primary being Arizona's Grand Canyon. Last weekend, to celebrate our anniversary, Joe and I traveled back there again, and this time to also debut the Cherry Leaf Shoulder Shawl. Certainly an appropriate place for me to photograph more lace!

When I first saw the multicolor yarn Roxie, generous soul that she is, had gifted me, I thought that it was the perfect Arizona yarn. It is all the colors of the canyon, and then some. It blends perfectly with the towering rock walls and stone crevasses. I followed the pattern in Victorian Lace Today precisely, except that I left off the crochet on the top edge. Just a personal thing. The pattern was easily memorized and involved enough to keep me from falling asleep while knitting it. It was in the sleeping category for a while, when the lace mojo disappeared, but in the general melee this summer to finish up WIP's I finally saw the return of the missing mojo. I am very happy with this light shawl and will get many years of enjoyment from it, I'm sure.

And here's my sweetie, messing around with his new pair of binoculars. How many guys would agree to photograph their wife on a crowded Sunday afternoon at Moran Point at the biggest Arizona tourist attraction? Especially if said wife was wearing a wool shawl on a hot, sunny day? I think he's a keeper, even if I may be a little "touched" from the heat and the wool. Have a great weekend, everybody!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

You made the yarn just beautiful! I love the way the lace shapes mimic the canyon shapes. That shawl is a work of art!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

He's definately a keeper - and so is that shawl! It's beatiful and I love the pictures :) Your cruise must be coming up soon, I think.

7:59 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

WOw. You had patience to wait for the perfect backdrop for that incredible lace shawl. Hubby looks great oo. I bow to you my lace QUeen.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pat, beautiful lace!

9:29 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Happy Belated Anniversary to you both!!

What a wonderful setting to celebrate in!

The lace work is amazing! Beautiful!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Happy Anniversary...lovely photos, lovelier shawl!
((((hugs))))

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home