PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Even When It's Cold...






....Mother Nature is still at work. The irises push up through the soil, and the weeds that manage to stay green even through the winter start to bud and flower.




I've finished up my fun fur chemo caps. I had bought two balls each of two colors, and each cap needed one plus a little of the second. The two lower caps are each one color. Then I combined the leftover yardage to make the top cap, alternating the colors on each row. And even though I made the same pattern, they look as if they are different sizes. C'est la vie...

Next week I shall pack them up and mail them off, and soon I will start on my 40 Days knitting. Joe's socks are coming along and so far the fit is working for me. I'm working on that long, long first foot now. Thank goodness I bought plenty of yarn!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

You take the nicest pictures! That single blossom - you must have been down on your belly to get that. so delicate and pristine.

Oh, and those hats are deeeelightful!!

7:29 AM  
Blogger margene said...

One little flower...the sign of hope, the first sign of spring!

8:24 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh I am so glad something green is coming up somewhere. We have no such signs yet in chicago....thanks for the hope

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous flower pic - a true sign that spring is just around the corner! And those fun fur chemo caps are so lovely too, this is definitely the perfect way to use fun fur - they look ever so soft and warm!

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home