PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, February 12, 2007

40 Days and 45 Miles




It's time again to start thinking about knitting for Lent. Ann is hosting 40 Days for Others again, and of course I have jumped aboard. It seems as if I have been doing a lot of charity knitting the last couple months and this will just be a continuation of the same. Ann has a couple organizations that she is collecting for, but you are welcome to knit for the charity of your choice. I've gone through my stash and I will be able to knit some hats and fingerless mitts with what I've got on hand. A good choice, since I am trying to decrease the size of the stash on hand. I have felt for a long time that Lent ought to have its' positive disciplines, not just giving things up in a negative sense. (Although I could certainly do with giving up kettle chips.)

Isn't this an interesting photo? It has sort of a Lenten feel to it, I think. Daughter Annie took this in Utah a couple years ago. She likes to work with black and white and sepia tones. I would like to go back hiking on that trail. I've logged 45 miles for Runagogo so far; it's been a good discipline to get me off the couch each day.

I'm going to give Joe's socks a rest for a couple days. The right arm is feeling a little too sore for my liking. I've decided to give up the Harebell Lace-Pumpkin socks, probably permanently. The yarn isn't working out as well as I would like and I don't feel that I want to spend anymore time on them. I'm not frogging them yet, but I'm just going to put them away for now. I just don't feel like spending that much time on something I don't think I would be happy with.

Stay warm and healthy, everybody!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Giving up kettle chips? That's talking some smack! lol

I'm so glad you've joined us again, Pat.

4:57 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

For those of us who don't go to church, when does Lent start this year and when is Easter?

Blessings on your knitting and healing to your arm!

7:20 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

I have long believed that doing is the way to go with Lent, not giving up. Kettle chips? God would WANT you to have them...

12:52 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing at Kathy. God would WANT you to have those Kettle Chips Pat! lol

Thanks for the reminder - I'm heading right over to Annie's to sign up for 40Days again!

Good plan to put those socks in time out. Maybe you'll love them again some time in the future. If not... Frog City. :)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed by the pic Annie did! You know, I absolutely adore pics in sepia tones, it adds a bit of an old touch as well as something very unique and artsy - and this pic is certainly stunning indeed!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home