PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Norwegian Mittens, Project #1

I've finished the first pair of Norwegian Mittens that I have planned. And, as expected, they are just a bit small for me. The next pair will be done on Size 5 needles, rather than the Size 3s I used for this pair. All the same, I am very pleased with the way these turned out.

Once again, these are Elizabeth Zimmermann's pattern for Norwegian Mittens as found in Knitting Around. (My first EZ project!) The yarn is Cascade 220, in Ecru #8010 and Red #2401. I still have a good amount of yarn left in the skein of each color. These didn't go as fast as would have liked. I'm still getting accustomed to working with two colors. But I loved the knitting of these and there will be another two-color knit to show you soon.






Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

One day I will knit as beautifully as you.

I especially like the red and white combinations.

5:02 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Those are so lovely. What an accomplished knitter you are!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wonderful!
(((hugs)))

10:35 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Gorgeous!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

These came out great! They will be nice come next winter. In the next post are you sure that was the graduate cutting the cake - she looks too young - LOL.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home