PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Somebody Made Me Do It

It was Margene that made me do it. After seeing her beautiful EPS sweater, and reading all her praises of Elizabeth Zimmerman's patterns, I just had to take yarn and needles in hand and begin a Norwegian mitten, using the instructions in Knitting Around. I wanted to make the mitten smaller than the original, so I cast on with Size 3 DPN's. However, I may be making them a tad too small; Maria says she will take them if I don't want them, as her hands are even smaller than mine. Here is the back of the mitten.

And here is the front, with the future thumb knit in gray yarn. I was only able to knit a few rows at a time last week; I would sit down to knit and within a few minutes would be overcome with fatigue. (Getting a respiratory virus didn't help, either.)

Here are some pictures of the pansies, which have really gone overboard in blooms since last week. It has been quite warm and I've been wearing shorts again. Thank you for all the beautiful thoughts you left on the last post. They are all greatly appreciated. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.








Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Those mittens are AWESOME!! Bet they'll block to size. You are such a wonderful knitter!

Those bugs going around are real kickers. Take your time and coddle yourself. If you feel tired, rest. Your body know what it needs.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Beautiful pattern choice. I've lately been tempted to knit a pair of that style mitten myself and will be interested in what you think of the fit/wearability.

8:08 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

The mitten looks great! I'm seeing all these really cool nordic mittens around and I'm so tempted to knit a pair.

1:48 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Oh your mittens are great...I've got some stuck away unfinished in my basket - one of these days I'll get them finished! You've inspired me!

4:36 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

You are such a great knitter. That would take a lot of guts for me to start. LOVE the flowers post. Hmmmm mittens and flowers in AZ. I don't think anyone has posted quite that combo before!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome mitts!
you have a nice blog here!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home