PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

October Scarf




The October Scarf is finished. It's the only knit I managed to finish in October, although I would have loved to have finished the Welsh Country Stockings for Socktoberfest. Alas, it was not to be. At least the two ends of this scarf have the same number of stitches in them now. This was three skeins of Noro Kureyon, and now I am thoroughly addicted to this yarn. I love the long stretches of color and the way they blend one into another. It's all I can do to not head out and order a bunch more. I have an overwhelming craving right now to knit in bright colors. Perhaps it's a reaction to the general grimness that visits to a care center involve. And right now all my WIPs seem to be in shades of gray and black and muted colors. Except for the Sock Yarn Log Cabin blankie, but I'm not working on that right now. I'm debating about how much Christmas knitting to do. At any rate, there may be some startitis going on this week. Quite probably in colors other than gray and black.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I think your scarf is smashing! Perfect for October.

6:21 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

The scarf is wonderful! And yes, use bright color therapy. Even if you knit dishcloths, knit in bright colors!!

(It looks like that one path goes straight up. You ARE an intrepid hiker!)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Wow! The colors are exactly what you see in the desert out there. Its positivley marvelous.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the scarf. It's beautiful!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home