PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Remedial Knitting, Lesson One

Last night I was knitting away, determined to finish the October scarf (the Multidirectional Scarf), and was getting right to the end when I realized that I was running out of yarn before I was supposed to. I was getting three and a half short row sections out of each skein of Noro, but now at the end I wasn't getting the planned on half section. After scratching my head and thinking a few uncivilized thoughts, I realized that the end of the scarf was wider than the beginning.

Somehow the scarf had grown wider and the short row sections were longer. After examining the scarf, I found the spot where I had started inexplicably adding stitches, totally obliviously. So much for a mindless knit. There was nothing else to do except frog the thing back. Halfway back. No finishing this last night for me.
Remedial knitting, lesson one. Even with a mindless garter stitch scarf, count the stitches at least once every fifteen minutes.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Don't you just HATE it when that happens to mindless knitting? Don't worry, you aren't the only one that does those kind of things!

6:40 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Oh, what a gorgeous scarf that Noro makes! Best of luck with the end of it. You'll do splendidly.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

It is gorgeous even though you had to rip a bit of. The colors are great.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Love the fall colors of your scarf. I made the exact same mistake when I tried to knit it!?!

3:28 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I have to tell myself to LOOK at my knitting. I do the same things and end up frogging back. I Do love the colorway very much Pat. Makes me want to knit a Noro or Norolike garter scarf...

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home