PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Surprise! A Sweater!

I've been holding out on you all. A couple months ago I started working on a child's sweater, knitted in Cascade 220 Superwash. The idea, first of all, was to work on a sweater, something with actual construction involved. I also wanted to make it something that could be worn by the grandkids. Actually, to make something sturdy enough to last through a few kids. To that end, I went with the Cascade 220.

This is the Cameron sweater from Leisure Arts' Kids Knitted Sweaters & More. I was very pleased with the pattern. It was knit in the round with no sewing involved; the sleeves were picked up at the armholes and knitted to the cuffs. I really enjoyed this little knit. It used up two skeins of Cascade in teal, and part of another skein of light teal for the contrast stripes.

This isn't one of my Alaska projects. I didn't take it with me on the trip, because I didn't want anything fiddly with me. Since coming back, though, I wanted to get it finished up pretty quick so I could get going on more projects from this book. There are at least three other projects that I want to knit up for the grandkids. This sweater is a size 6 and is on the big side right now. But I'm sure that won't last for long.

More details on my Ravelry page.



Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

It is so cute - I love doing kids sweaters - they go so fast!!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a charming surprise. Your grandkids will love it. And I've loved all your Alaska pics. Fabulous trip, I'm so jealous. :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

YYay sweatering! Knit with love by Grandma = warm, well-dressed kids!

7:58 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Great sweater! Love the color...and your stitches look perfect!

5:43 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Sneaky you! Cameron is wonderful. GREAT JOB. Cascade is so affordable too!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home