PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Entrelac Scarf

A couple weeks ago I finished up the Entrelac Scarf. This was meant to be a practise piece to get familiar with doing entrelac, and it served the purpose admirably. I started out using Laura's pattern, which by the way is quite clearly written, but by the time I was half way through the scarf I had memorized the technique and no longer needed to refer to the pattern. In fact, I got so comfortable with the concept that I did the finishing row without refering even once to the pattern. It's a very helpful thing, indeed, to understand a process that well.

After finishing, I soaked it a bit in warm water, then laid a towel out on the picnic table and patted out the scarf to block. It blocked out beautifully and now I have a soft, warm, colorful scarf that already has garnered many compliments. It seems folks are fascinated by the color play and the block pattern.

The yarn, once again, is Schoeller + Stahl Limbo Color in colorway 2539, knit on US Size 6. I used a bamboo circular and that worked out very well, especially with as much airplane knitting as I did with this.

A new scarf has been started. More on that down the road a bit.







Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

It's so pretty!!! I can't believe it's just one colorway?
(((hugs)))

12:56 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Gorgeous. I too lovel that it is one colorway. Maybe I should learn this technique.....

6:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!! The close up shots show beautifully how the yarn gradually changes colours. Love it!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely colors. I too love doing entrelac patterns. This is a wonderful ad for Laura's pattern. (Did you know that Laura is my daughter-out-law?)

8:08 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Oh my gosh - it's just lovely. My knitting group is doing a Entrelac Knit a long!! It is fun isn't it?

8:22 PM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

You scarf is gorgeous!

4:37 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Stunning scarf and excellent choice of yarn for the pattern!

Bummer about the computer work hurting your arm. Is it mouse shoulder? A track pad is a bore to get used to, but it will prevent those shoulder spasms.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Postivly stunning!

Well done my friend:D

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home