PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

Nana (my MIL) had six brothers and sisters. Her youngest brother was the first to pass away, on St Patrick's Day, 1975. Over the next 33 years all her other siblings passed away one by one, until for the last several years she has been the only surviving sibling. Early in the morning on this St Patrick's Day, Nana went peacefully to join her family.

One wonders what the heavenly St Patrick's Day parade must be like.

Thank you all for all the support you sent our way while she was ill and in the hospital and the care center. May you all be blessed for it.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Nana was clearly well loved and blessed with a loving supportive family.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The life cycle keeps on rolling doesn't it...I'll be thinking about you and your family, Pat.

8:26 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Pat - I am so sorry to hear about you and your families loss. Nana's are always special people! Will keep you in my thoughts.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Cyber hugs, dear one.

I'm thankful that Nana went in peace which is a gift from the King of Peace.

We will continue to pray for comfort.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Zana said...

We're so sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers.

12:03 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

As they say in the Salvation Army, Nana has been, "promoted to Glory." Strength and comfort to you as you deal with all the follow-up details and empty space she leaves in your life. You are in my prayers.

8:35 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Wow, Nana passed on a wonderful Day. Pat you have been so good to her and your devotion was clear to us. I know you'll miss her dear face.

6:19 PM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home