PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The First One of the Year


The first project done for the new year! I started Barbara's hat on Sunday the 31st, and finished it on the first! It's some wool I had in the stash; there was no ballband, but I'm virtually certain it's Brown Sheep Worsted. The pattern is Susan's Live Dangerously, No Swatching Hat.

And now Maria says I can make her the same hat in lots of different colors. As if I have nothing else to do with my time!! ;-)

I got yarn today for Joe's socks. It's not wool, but it's nice and smooshy and it ought to make some nice warm socks. I got lots -- I should have enough for those size 13 feet! Now I just have to figure out a pattern. I'm aiming for something from Folk Socks. I'll let you know once I decide.

Hope you have all recovered from the New Year celebrations!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great first knit of the year!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This hat is so great, and Barbara looks so beautiful with it! Amazing first project - and yay for many, many more in this new year!

1:34 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Lovely hat, lovely model. Is she sure she wants every color? I have some relics of the 60s. Burnt orange and avacado? Well, everyone needs an ugly hat to keep in the car in case of emergencies.
(ugly so no one steals it. But it gives you that essential thermal layer in case you need to change a tire or flag down help.)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Good for you!!! I have three projects in the works. None will be finished anytime soon, I fear.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the blessing and the curse of having people like your knitting so much that they demand it for themselves! (I can't say I blame Maria -- it's a great-looking hat!) I'm making a Brown Sheep Worsted hat right now too -- I hope it's not too ichy.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home