PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Was Santa Good to You?



Just in time for Christmas, what should arrive but an envelope from across the lake. The prize yarn from Mary of The Wool Palace! Beautiful color, much prettier in person than on computer. Decisions, decisions! Somehow I'm not sure that this yarn wants to be socks. I've decided to let it think awhile about
what it wants to be and see what it comes up with.


And candy, too! What a treat! Wish I could show you, but Blogger refuses to upload that picture. Thank you, Mary, I'm going to enjoy it all! (And if I weren't saving my sweet allottment for Michael's tiramisu, the candy would have been gone already.)


Then, on Christmas morning, I got sock yarn from Maria. She had gone shopping in Sedona and found a yarn shop with some very reasonably priced Regia. Two skeins each of two colorways! Now this yarn definitely wants to be socks!

There were lots of other yummy goodies: DVDs from Barbara; a book I wanted from Joe, as well as my annual crystal snowflake ornament for the Victorian Tree and lots of gourmet hot chocolate mixes; a foot spa and foot care luxuries from Annie, as well as scented soaps; a tshirt and chocolate-covered preztels from Michael; and a subscription to a national Catholic publication from the kids in Rhode Island. Best of all, of course, is getting to have the children home for Christmas!

Hope all of you got all you wanted as well!

4 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Merry Christmas to you!

It looks like you had a lot to tuck under your tree too:D

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, that's certainly a lot of goodies that you received - looking forward to seeing the socks you're going to make out of that cool Regia-yarn!

6:10 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Ooo - that Limbo yarn looks like wonderful fun! And we want pictures of the Regia socks. Very manly colors!

7:09 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Your yarn under the tree looks like great colors. ENjoying your blog Pat while I've been taking a break from my own. Happy New year

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home