PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Walk With Me Wednesday



Which I must post on Tuesday, because otherwise it would be Thursday before I posted, in which case it would be too late for Wednesday, and anyways this was a walk from Saturday, yada, yada, yada.

This past weekend Joe and I attended a three day spiritual retreat. He is required to attend one each year and I went along for this one. I know that a retreat isn't for everyone, and a lot of course depends on the retreat master. I have been fortunate in that the last few I have been on have been excellent. I consider a formal retreat to be essential for my spiritual well-being; I believe that it is more important to maintain spiritual health than physical health, or to put it another way, that giving priority to spiritual health will help physical health as well.

There was sufficient time during this retreat to walk and meditate between the presentations. It was a beautiful day, as you can see. The mountains are no longer particularly green, but they are beautiful as always and of course as the sun progressed into the west the changing shadows kept drawing the eye.

These views going into the distance are looking into Mexico. We were only a couple miles from the border.


In other news, I've finished one of my work projects (the short one, of course) and turned it all in today. The long project is about a quarter finished. It needs to be done by the end of the month but as I said before, I want to have it done and out of my hair well before then.



Not much knitting is being done, and no spinning at all, but this might be a good thing. My right forearm has been bothering me and I wonder if there isn't a little tendonitis or arthritis going on. Especially since the weather has gotten colder. When I walk Buddy, and I have never seen a dog so anxious to be taken for walks, I hold the retractable leash in my left hand, to try to avoid any strains when he tugs on the leash. I hope the soreness clears up soon; there's too much knitting that I want to get back to as soon as I can. Working on the computer doesn't bother the arm at all, so I wonder if maybe I was spinning too much. Anyways, I'll give the arm some rest and hope it helps.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I whole-heartedly agree with what you wrote: "Giving priority to spiritual health will help physical health as well." That's it, absolutely. And seeing the photos of your retreat, well, if such a breathtaking landscape doesn't help to get one's spiritual health in order again, then probably nothing will - it looks absolutely divine! Gosh, seeing these pics I heard my heart and soul howling - I'd so love to be there as well now! I'm glad that you had such a good time!

2:17 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

You take such wonderful photos!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stretch your arm as much as possible and even ice it from time to time. We must take care of our soreness early on to keep up with our fiber schedules;-)
The landscape of the retreat looks very peaceful and beautiful.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! I hope your arm feels better soon!

4:41 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Beautiful Landscape! Rest is best...hope you feel better soon...

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home