PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Walking in the Silk Garden

The first of the Alaskan projects is finished. The Noro Striped Scarf by Jared Flood was my airplane knitting, as well as balcony knitting throughout the trip.

The scarf was finished on Sunday. I used a full four skeins of Noro Silk Garden.

255 and 258 were multicolor skeins. I picked two similar skeins to complement each other.

I used two skeins of 267, which were varying values of the same brown/gray color. This made an excellent base for the two multicolor skeins.

I did not find this in the least boring. I love the finished scarf and of course love the Noro. Nothing I've ever seen can compare to the way the Silk Garden slips so easily from one shade into the next. So much depth and uniqueness to these scarves!

I doubt that this will be the only one I knit.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Beautiful Noro Scarf! Sounds like it was a fun knit!

5:22 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Marvelous color choices! What a work of art. Scarf for you or for Christmas or . . ?

Addictive knitting!

7:46 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Wow Pat. Noro makes my eyes trasfix on it......it is amazing. Great knit up!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home