PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How do I love thee?

Oh, Ravelry, let me count the ways!

We fly out in the morning for our Alaskan Cruise Adventure. I've been spending the last couple weeks researching yarn shops along the route, as well as local yarns and patterns for those yarns. Using Ravelry has made it a piece of cake, since everything is linked together. And with email addresses for the taking, I've already contacted one shop to inquire about directions and the availability of the yarns I am interested in. Including one starting with the letter Q.

Speaking of letters, I'm hoping to find a lot of my remaining ABCalong entries whilst on this trip.

The camera is packed, the batteries charged up, the hand knit socks are packed as well as patterns and needles for projects to be cast on while cruising. Airport knitting? Noro Silk Garden for the Noro Striped Scarf that everyone seems to be making. No pictures today since the camera is packed.

It looks like we'll be getting a good taste of rain on this trip, but maybe we'll get lucky and dodge the worst of the showers. We have a lot of excursions planned, mostly cultural and historal sites and events. We're also hoping to see lots of wildlife and whales. And I'm planning on enjoying lots of Alaskan seafood!

No promises to blog while we're away. But there will be plenty pictures when I get back. Stay safe and well, everybody, while I'm offline, especially anyone in the path of hurricanes. Adios for now!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

We will and have a great trip!

Bon Voyage!

5:27 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Bon voyage and happy trails!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's going to be a fantastic trip! Eat lots of the Halibut Fish & Chips - very yummy!

9:00 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you come back.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! Will enjoy seeing the photos and hearing the tales on your return!
Stay safe...
(((hugs)))

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alaska...I'm so jealous. Have a marvelous time.

1:22 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I cannot wait for your posts about alaska! Enjoy the knitting time.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home