PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday's Fauna

Just for a change of pace, I thought I'd make today Friday's fauna instead of Friday's Flowers. Last week you had Grand Canyon flowers, this week you get the critters. Last week was practising with the new camera's macro, this week's shots were taken practising with the zoom. I love the detail I was able to get from a good distance away from the creatures. I especially enjoyed being able to capture the condor riding the early morning thermals over the canyon. This camera is going to work out great when we leave for Vancouver two weeks from today!










Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

A raven, a rabbit, a rizard - oops, lizard, hawk, and hawk-bait. Wonderful photos! Your blog is always such a treat!

6:06 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Great shots! The raven is my favorite! Nice close up!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Excellent!

How people can miss seeing God's workmanship is beyond me when they see such fascinating creatures.

2:48 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

Everything is gorgeous in a strange way to me. So many sandlike creatures and colors. So fun to see your views. You know I rely on you in March when I am crying out for warmth! I'll share some flowers and late chicago summer pics with you soon on my blog

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home