PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Got My Wish

Things did slow down at work last week, finally, and I did get some work done on the Glacier Scarf. It's long enough now to set comfortably in my lap while I work on it. I'm hoping the work load stays this way for a while. I would like to get more projects done; not running so hard at work means I'm not as tired when I get home, and more knitting gets done in the evening then!

Case in point; the second granddaughter sweater is finished and put aside until we fly out there next month. Details on my Ravelry page.

So the third and last of the granddaughter sweaters is on the needles. This is the Twisted Cables Pullover, once again from "Kid's Knitted Sweaters and More". (All links are to Ravelry.) It's a top down raglan that I'm knitting from Patternworks Bretton yarn. It's a very soft superwash wool/nylon/alpaca blend and I'm very happy with it so far. The cable yoke pattern was easy to memorize and it's a very pleasant knit, at least at this point.

Hopefully the little girls will enjoy wearing these as much as I've enjoyed knitting them!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

They all look perfect!

I really love those colors in the Glacier scarf ;-)

5:52 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Oh, I do love me the blue scarf!

Can you take pictures of your grandkid in the sweater? I adore it.

I need grandchildren....in about 15 years...sigh

6:11 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

That scarf is awesome. And the kid sweater totally rocks. Such happy colors. As for the cable sweater - YES! I LOVE cables!!

7:21 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

OK - I'm not the only one that loves the scarf...is it just feather and fan? How many yards do you think it will take? Details -- as I'm looking for a project for a skein of Sock yarn and I'm tired of socks!!!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'm in love with your Glacier scarf!!!Gorgeous colors...pretty pattern.
(((hugs)))

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home