PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lacy Kerchief Scarf























Lacy Kerchief Scarf
aka: Magda LittleLace
Pattern: Interweave Knits Summer 2005
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine, 6 balls
Needles: US Size 5, straights
Finished Size: 12" at widest point
100" long
Model: Annie
What would I change?
Nothing. It's a fantastic pattern. I would definitely do it again, probably trying different yarns.
I had more than enough yarn and ended up making it longer than the original pattern.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kercheif scarf came out beautiful. I really like the color!

5:23 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Wuuuunderful! You could also drape it gracefully over the head, framing that lovely face, then fling the ends dramatically around the throat maybe leaving the extra long tails to dangle behind the shoulders in an fetching look-at-me-young-man fashion. Tres chic!!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I really love the lace work, and the color you used is just perfect!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've seen pictures of shawls like this that go around the shoulders then wrap around the waist and back around to a smallish knot in the front. I think this picture is in the KnitPicks catalog. Would work perfectly with this shawl. Or is it the same shawl in their catalog?! I'm sure the KP Shine feels SOOOOOO snuggly soft and makes it quite a warm scarf/shawl! Very pretty!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you mind helping me with the picot edge on the Lacy Kerchief Scarf pattern? In the 8-row repeat, the chart instructs you to bind-off 4 sts. Is that using the traditional bind-off?? Then, in the following row, you are to start w/ "the stitch remaining on the needle"??? Do you knit, purl or slip that stitch?? Thank you sooo much!!!
ADRoxTS@comcast.net

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home