PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Alert the Media



So I've still been in the blogging doldrums -- that's not what we're alerting the media about. Daughter Maria has been letting her hair grow out in order to donate it to "Locks of Love". She passed the minimum length a little while ago and today was the big day. She and several other "donators" got their locks cut off in a fairly public ceremony.



Television cameras were rolling and interviewers were busy doing their thing as Maria and the others got shorn. Word has it that Maria's filmclips will be seen on the local news tonight.







And here is the new "do". Pretty good lookin', don't you think?

So now, everybody, since Maria does read the blog, why not leave her a nice comment before you move on?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a great thing you did, Maria, and it certainly deserves a lot of courage parting with such beautiful long hair! But it's been worth it, you did a good deed, and the new, short hair style suits you just perfectly - very gorgeous indeed!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Love her hair color, but you know, I'm partial to redheads :o) Not one of my kids has read hair, I was so disappointed. In my dh's family it seems to skip a generation--so maybe I'll get lucky with a grandkid.

Maria, that's a wonderful thing you did! Lots of girls at our church do this periodically. Let their hair grow extra long before getting it cut just to be able to donate it. Wonderful thing. Your new do is fab!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Good grief--red hair, not read hair!!!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's going to love the short do! And she looks fabulous to boot! Nice going!

6:07 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

What a generous and lovely young lady! And what a hot new do! Bless your dear heart!

Pat, how goes the harebell lace? Your patience and precision blows me away!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bliss said...

Good for you, Maria! You look great.

12:47 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Maria!

You look so awesome with the new cut. I am so jealous of the curl in your hair. It looks GREAT.
I have been growing mine too, but am too chicken and old to try that short of a cut, so.....I have a few more months to go.
Am terribly jealous. Yesterday's Chicago humidity nearly did me in.
I am so proud of you. How much shampoo did you overuse the first time YOU washed it????

7:01 AM  
Blogger HoJo said...

Way to go Maria! My daughter and I are growing our hair out to donate as well. The short cut looks awesome and her neck looks swan like (that's a good thing).

7:52 AM  
Blogger Zana said...

Maria, I love the new hair cut!!! It's absolutely adorable!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new hair!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Love the hair cut very pretty.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

What a great new do, Maria! And for such a good cause!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

That is great, Maria! If I had hair that pretty, I don't know that I could stand to cut it off -- but the new do is stylin'.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home