PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I Need a Good Case of Finish-itis

Anybody got a spare case that they could sell me?

I've come to the reluctant conclusion that I've got too much on the needles. Too much. Too many. And I keep rotating, but nothing seems to make much visible progress. It's the result, I'm sure, of too much start-itis and not enough finish-itis. So this week I abandoned everything else and focused on finishing the Jaywalkers. And despite work and overtime and all that time-killing other stuff, I did.

So now what? I'm going to focus on finishing up the rest of the projects on the needles. I've got so many projects in mind, and the yarn for a good deal of them, that I'm being tempted beyond belief to start a bunch of other things, but I'm not going to do it. At least not yet. I've started focusing on finishing the Simple Lace Scarf ("Moira LittleLace") because she's been on the needles the longest. Hence her designation as the oldest daughter. Once she is done, then it will be the Lacy Kerchief Scarf ("Magda LittleLace"), and so on. We'll see how long I can resist temptation.

The most abandoned project right now is the Harebell Lace Sock. There's a simple reason for that. The gauge is so fine that I can only do a few rows before my eyes get tired and I have to switch to something bigger. Nowadays, everything is bigger than these Size 00 needles. But I don't want to do this sock any differently. It's working up so far the way I want it to, so I guess it will just take a while to get them done.

I'm still tying myself up in knots working on the poem for the current Amazing Lace challenge. It doesn't seem that there are many entries at this point in time; maybe everyone else is having the same difficulty. It's been years since I wrote any -- actually, I haven't done any since I've been out of school, and that's been a few eons. I wrote a quick poem for Roxie last week, but this Amazing Lace thing requires more effort, it seems.

Poetry and Harebell Lace. Both of them, slow but sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Want a poetic collaborator? Oh Littlelace, you'll keep the pace and take first place in this fibrous race.

What kind of poem do you need to write? A limerick? a sonnet? an ode to wool?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Bliss said...

Those lace socks are going to be gorgeous when you finally get them done! Oh, but I know what it's like to knit on needles that small. I made one pair on 000s and vowed NEVER AGAIN. The good news was that ever since then I can use a size 0 and it no longer feels so tiny. ;)

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home