PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

It's Cold Up Here

No pictures today. I'm remote blogging, and no upload capability. We're in Flagstaff, AZ, and it is freezing. And windy. We climbed Mt Eldon today in gale force winds. Well, alright, it felt like gale force winds. And the Jaywalker came with me and we took pictures at the crest. I'm bundled up like Nanook of the North. I'll post it, Abigail, when I have picture capability.

Tomorrow, the Grand Canyon. Yes, that was a picture I took last summer.

Thank you for all your nice comments for Annie's graduation. And for our trip.

Plenty of knitting getting done. Oh, Abigail? I fell off the wagon when I got to Unravel (Major LYS in Flagstaff). Well, I had to spend some birthday gift money. By the way, folks, I'm getting a year older this week. I ain't saying when, and I ain't saying how old. But I'm saying, I'll spend the day on the trail. Trekking.

I'll post again when I'm able to connect to the internet. Hope it's warmer where all of you are.

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

So maybe the big day is the first? Happy B-day, Pat! Take care and bundle up (93 and tied a record here today...).

8:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

What a terrific way to spend/celebrate your birthday week~~a daugher graduates and hiking in the Grand Canyone! Have a wonderful time!

And Annie, congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment! The world is like the Grand Canyon laid out before you~~yours to explore. Enjoy!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday when ever it is and enjoy your vacation!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Happy Birthday, and just to make you feel better :o) it's in the 80's here in Georgia and will be in the 90's before the day is over.
Enjoy your trip!
Sheri in GA

8:45 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Happy Happy HAPPY Birthday!!! Glad you are having a great time - the weather here is awful too - windy and cold although today looks better. Knitting has been a day saver!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

Happy Happy birthday. I am so glad you fell off the wagon at Unraveled and I cannot wait to see the yarns.

Cold hiking...hmmmmm. Did you have a warm fire to sit by afterwards? a hot tub? a glass of warming wine?

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home