PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

And She Has a Fit!!



A great fit, that is. The first Jaywalker is done and the fit is fantastic. A bit tight over the ankle, and then a dream the rest of the way. The second is already cast on, of course. I measured out the remaining yarn from the first ball of Sock Memories, and found that this sock took just under 200 yards to knit. That's good to know; it also means that I won't be able to use STR unless I shorten the leg. That's what comes of having big feet. They used to be a few sizes smaller, but then I got old and they just got bigger. Come to think of it, so did a lot of the rest of me, too.

Thank you, thank you to everyone who left such nice comments and emails about "LittleLace of the Desert". It was fun for me to write it, and it makes me happy that you all enjoyed it. As to what comes next, only time will tell. But I already feel like a winner. I've already made some new blog friends because of it. If you haven't been to see Knitnana, by all means, do. What a neat blog, and beautiful knitting! Plus, another knitting grandma! Then go to visit Guernsey Gal, and see what a neat feathery costume she made for her daughter. Fantastic!

So what's been happening lately? I've been walking a lot in the evening, breaking in a new pair of hiking boots. Plus getting ready for camping. The trailer has it's own sets of dishes, towels, pots and pans, etc, but when they haven't been used for a while, it's time to wash everything and get it all freshened up.




The garden is doing great. Lots of greens, yellows, purples, and bits of pink. Come to think of it, the Jaywalkers have lots of greens, yellows, purples, and bits of pink.

Does anyone else sense a pattern here?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Jaywalkers :-) I have a pair on the needles as well ( Opal Prisma - pink) It's a great pattern. Thanks for the mention, hopefully if I can get her to stand still long enough I'll get some more pictures this weekend:-)

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sich a gorgeous Jaywalker! The yarn you're using seems to be just great, it brings the pattern out perfectly!

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty Jaywalkers! My Jays fit the same way a little tight around the ankle but fine the rest of the way. Which is actually a good thing because it keeps the socks from falling down.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

What beautiful Jaywalkers, Pat. They are lovely. Maybe someday I'll be able to make them work myself. Perfect spring socks.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Lovely Jaywalkers! And the garden is just wonderful, I so envy you there...Thank you for including me in your post! I'll be back, I love your blog, too!
(((hugs)))

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

The Sock Memories yarn makes a terrific Jaywalker!!! Note to self--who needs STR? (Hah!)

3:28 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Lovely lovely Jaywalkers Pat! I love your garden as well. When will we see the trailer?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home