PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bye Bye Socks



It seems to be a week for KALs to take the headlines. The Sockapalooza package is in the mail, and since my sock pal doesn't have a blog, I have taken the liberty of posting the contents of her box.


The socks are in their yellow wrapper -- I really love those wrappers, and extra wrappers are decorating the mailing box. (The clerk at the post office thought they were "cute".) Instead of a post card, I sent a small Mexican blanket, one that I got while in Mexico in March, as well as what was left of the three balls of purple alpaca. All this, plus a notecard, were sent to the Boston area.


Hey, I'M going to the Boston area next month.

In other news, I wanted to jump into the knitting support group for Mr. Etherknitter, and "Knit Up Some Bone", but I can't get the button to cooperate. My heart's in it, anyway, and I offer up today my Jaywalker sock, which now fits. If I can get Jaywalker to work, then my knitting mojo has got to be aworkin' for the cause.

Let's get that broken bone mended!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That such a cute label you made for your sock pal socks.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Great box - I love that Mexican blanket. You're going to be in RI? I don't suppose you'll be here before Memorial Day (that's when I'm graduating and leaving town). . . if you want advice on yarn shops (or you'll be here when I'm here), email me!

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think there are words to express how fantastic it is to get home at 12:30 am after a long day and night in the library to find the BEST socks ever in a cute box with a fabulous blanket waiting for you! I LOVE them. I love the color, I love the pattern. They fit perfectly. They are super soft. My toes are happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home