PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Knitter's Update


So I had to frog the Jaywalker sock. There was no way it was going to work. Had I been able to get it up over the ankle, surgery would have been required to remove it. So it's frogged and restarted with the Size 1 needles. But that's okay. I'm still enjoying the pattern and the yarn, and I have no intention of letting this kick my behind.

The Lacy Kerchief Scarf is just about half finished, and appropriately enough I'm about halfway through my 6 skeins of KnitPicks Shine. I'm still totally in love with this pattern and yarn as well, and I'm looking seriously at ordering more Shine in different colors. This pattern is definitely a repeater. The pattern can be found in IK Summer '05. To see another version of this scarf, check Kathy's blog here. This has been my March project for Project Spectrum.


Here is the Simple Stripes Sweater that has been set aside for a while. (It's a free KnitPicks pattern that is actually called the Last-Minute Stripes Sweater, but I've called it the Simple Stripes Sweater since I started it.) I wanted to save it for my April Project Spectrum knitting. So far, I haven't touched it this month, because the Scarf and the Sockapaloooza Socks have sucked up my time. Now the Jaywalker has me in its grip. I need to finish this soon, however, before the little recipient for this is too big for it. (And how many times do we hear that phrase in the blogosphere?)

The first rose has blossomed. From the looks of things, it will be followed by many more.











And Big Cat says, I like sitting in the open window now that it is so nice outside.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf is gorgeous. I just might have to go digging for that magazine and make that scarf. How do you like the knitpicks shine? I've been kind of on the fence about ordering some.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Pat I'm so glad you got to enjoy some time off work! I love the pink lace scarf. One of my summer knitting projects (which might not be until next summer actually) is a tank top using Knipicks Shine. I'm looking forward to ordering the yarn just to have it to look at and admire and pet and touch and smell and.... heh Yarn is good. :)

And Jaywalkers. We won't discuss those. I was a 5-timer with mine and they were horrible looking because I quit worrying about the mistakes but YES, the did fit my daughter.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read that you had to frog the Jaywalkers - but you'll see, the next try will be the perfect one, leading to an amazing result!
I absolutely love the scarf you're doing, the color is so funky and the yarn seems to be a dream to work with!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Love the rose photo!!!

Sorry to hear about your Jaywalker incident. It took me a couple of times to get the pattern right on my first pair (only pair to date). It's not just you.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yeah -- 5 time starter myself on the jaywalker -- it's in the pond for now, but I've got the perfect yarn and it will rise again. What a lovely cat, Pat. My Sasha (5 years gone) was a Russian Blue and looked a lot like your Big Cat. Loved open windows. And...what a gorgeous rose! What kind is it?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear about the Jaywalkers, but hopefully this time will work! I do like the pattern (wearing mine right now) and I've been thinking about which yarn I have in the stash to make another pair...

7:49 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

I love my Jays but the third pair I knit required lots of frogging due to gauge issues and highly inelastic yarn. Persevere!

8:12 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

Simple stipes, Scarf/shawl, and Jaywalked all look awesome. Really beautiful yarns. I cannot wait to see the stripes finished, and are they really SIMPLE?

I love Big cat

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home