PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm Tired


Or at least I will be soon. One of my coworkers took this coming week off because of a sudden emergency, so I am working her shifts as well as mine. What it means is that my next day off is the Monday after Easter at the earliest. What it also means is that I'm scheduled to work over 22 hours between today and tomorrow. Yes, it sucks. (But the check will be nice.) And maybe there will be some knitting breaks.

Not much sock progress. Things have been busy the last couple days. Plus I spent some time reading the Harlot's new book. I think her explanation of the mechanics of sock construction is brilliant -- who needs a pattern, anyhow, if you understand how the basic thing works? But I still managed to turn the heel and get going on the instep. One advantage I found to this pattern is that I don't have to measure, I just count pattern repeats to make the identical second sock. Much simpler. Plus I waste too much time hunting for my little six inch ruler. It's very accomplished at getting lost in the knitting bag.

Hopefully when I get back to the blog again, I will have some good sock progress to post.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor you, your working schedule till Easter sounds pretty heavy indeed - I do have my fingers crossed that there'll be at least some knitting breaks in there for you!
I love how your sock is getting along - and hey, you made me so curious about the Harlot's new book, will have to check if it's available over here as well or if I can order it from Amazon - guess I'll need that one too :)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Sorry to hear you'll be working such a bear of a schedule for the next week-plus. Bummer. We'll be here waiting when you get back. Take it as easy as you can in your time off, get your rest. You don't want to let yourself get run down.

6:22 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

I love your sock - it is my color and I love the pattern.
Sorry about working so much - just think 'yarn cash'!!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've gotta get the 2nd and 3rd Yarn Harlot books - I'm behind! I'm sure reading a bit will rejuvinate you along with a good nite of rest during your extra busy week. I agree about the sock knitting. The more I make the easier it is and more comfortable I get with the construction concept and can move from pattern to pattern much easier. Pretty color!

Take it easy and don't get too crazy during your heavy work week. :)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home