PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, March 24, 2006

What the Seagulls Saw Me Do




The first Sockapalooza sock is finished. I sure hope my sock pal likes it. I'm doing the best I can with her specs. And certainly she will be able to say that she has received a well-traveled sock.





Here is the next watchcap for 40 Days For Others. As you can easily see, it is about twice as big as his little sister there. It fits me very well, quite comfortably in fact, and the old man thinks he would like to have one. In a heathery kind of blue. So I guess I'm going to have to go yarn hunting. (It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it.)




Finally, a progress pic of the Lacy Kerchief Scarf for Project Spectrum. Not so much got done on this, but I don't feel like I'm under a time constraint as with the above two projects. I am really enjoying working on this project. It is a good break from the hats, which tend to make my hands and shoulders hurt after a while, doing all the ribbing. And the KnitPicks Shine is soft and drapey. The pattern is complex enough to keep me from getting bored yet. The plan is to finish it by the end of April. I hope. And hey, the striped Mexican blanket I've been using here really fits the Project Spectrum idea, don't you think?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Beautiful projects, Pat. Love the sock. Your pal will too. And the hats are great. Now, I have to go search your archives for the specs on that SCARF. Lovely! And you like the Shine, huh? I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I'm tempted by the greens...

7:32 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

You knit such pretty items. I wish I was your sockapaloooza pal. The purple socks are so purty! What stitch pattern did you use?

8:44 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Your sock is wonderful - they all are - it sounds like it WAS a great vacation!!
Sun sounds great this morning - we've got fresh snow!! Of course it's spring break here!
Knit on

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home