PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Itty Bitty Hat


I've finished my first hat for 40 Days for Others, and I'm somewhat flusterated. I got the pattern from Susan at I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can, when she posted a whole bunch of quick knits for Christmas gifts. This pattern is called the Marsan Watchcap, by Staceyjoy Elkin, and can be found here. The pattern says it makes an adult medium, but following the directions exactly mine came out somewhere in the toddler range. Go figure. Now, I'm sure there's a toddler that will fit into this hat just fine and stay nice and warm in it,....but it's not what I had in mind.

Next time I'm casting on twice as many stitches.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

See? It IS lovely. Nice job, Pat. And it does stretch, doesn't it? I think you're being hard on yourself.

9:23 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Cute hat anyway!!!
This is an example of why we should always check our guage - which I have to remind myself to do all the time - I hate doing it!!!
have a great weekend!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home