PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Socks, they are finished


I did finish the second sock! But I must admit, I felt like I was doing the 50 km crosscountry ski race while I was doing it. Around and around on those tiny needles! But I am extremely pleased with the result and I don't think I'll take these socks off for a week or two, they feel so great! But I don't think I will use these bamboo Size 0 needles again. Can you tell which four I used on the socks? The unused needle is on the bottom. I can't believe how these bent out of shape and it got pretty annoying at the end. (Do the skiers ski with bent skis? I think not.) I have gotten a bunch of Susan Bates sock needles and I'm going to switch to those. (Thanks, Ann, for suggesting them.)


So what's next? Hats for Lenten knitting and giving, a pink scarf for Project Spectrum, and...


SOCKAPALOOOZA!!

This is all you're going to see of the yarn for a while until it gets knit up some. The pattern will be Openwork Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. And it's not going to be on Size 0 needles!

Closing ceremonies and swatching time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

Thats happened to me too:( But bamboo needles are great for air travel. TBC bought me 3 sets of the Susan Bates sock needles and the are perfect. I use the blue needles to pick up stitches.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is your sock pal yarn a purple'ish color? I haven't used bamboo needles for socks yet - I just bought two sets of US2 but haven't tried them out because I got my first Addi Turbos at the same time and LOVE the Addis! I'm doing Magic Loop and it's SO. DARN. FAST. YOU. WOULDN'T. BELIEVE. IT!!!!!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home