PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Half Way There

The first fingerless glove is finished and seamed. I am very pleased with the result. I made it with one size smaller needle than called for in the pattern and I am happy with the snugness I have in the finished product. Just perfect for me.

Tonight I shall go out into the Village and party a bit -- just enough to celebrate the successful first half of the program but not enough to ruin my concentration for the second half.





Not half way through the games yet, and the chocolate is still holding out. I managed to find the Knitting Olympics shopping center and snagged some Lorna's Laces sock yarn, among other goodies. Now, I had an excuse to go shopping -- I had left my stitch markers at home and had to get some more, of course -- and all this other yarn just jumped into my basket. Well, I have to have Olympic souvenirs, don't I?

3 Comments:

Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Hey - aren't those fingerless gloves fun - instant gratification!! Check out wwww.yarn-store.com for TONs of Lorna's Laces!!
Enjoy your day!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Pat, those are awesome! And I need them...72 degrees down to 21 degrees in 4 hours yesterday! I scrounge around in your blog for the pattern!

3:18 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh I love the fit of the fingerless. You got the knuckly part just right. Snug. Perfect. Great job!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home