PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Stashing all the way



I have been reading, with some interest, the trials and tribulations of those knitters who aren't (or who aren't admitting to) adding to their stash. It must be an interesting situation. Temptation is everywhere. On the other hand, I have to wonder what it would be like to have one's own equivalent to a personal yarn store in every closet and cupboard. Were that the case, I could see the merit in a self-imposed yarn diet. But apparently it's not that easy, and I applaud the efforts of those who are abiding by the rules and not buying new yarn.

I don't have those issues. Witness the new aquisitions chez Pumpkinknitter. In the center is a lovely hank of cream colored laceweight, Merino Oro from Ornaghi filati, which I found in Tucson yesterday. There are 1375 yards here, enough certainly to do something interesting.

Two balls of Regia Self-Striping Sock Yarn in Spring.

Two hanks of Koigu KPPPM, color number 137 (I think). Blues, browns, and yellows, with a bit of orange and green thrown in. I stood in front of the Koigu display yesterday, just lost in thought. So much calling to me, but this was the loudest.

It's my first Koigu. Is this the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship? Will it prove to be my downfall? My obsession? Stay tuned, dear readers. Only time will tell.

One of my new year's resolutions was also Noro. I have made the plunge and have my first selections in hand.

One skein of Silk Garden, in Turquoise/ Fuchsia/ Gold. This is earmarked (pardon the pun) for a hat.

The other three skeins are Noro Kureyon in Summer Fall. This will probably go into a multi-directional scarf.


The colors in all this are just driving me wild. Having kept to solid colors pretty much for a while, the thought of working with all this is fairly heady excitement. (I know, it doesn't take much to get excited. And no, I don't get out much, either.) This was the main reason I decided to do Project Spectrum, to push myself into working with more color and color combinations. Just for the fun of it. And to see just what happens, too.

Tomorrow is the start of Sockapaloooza. I'm looking forward to seeing who my sock pal is, and what I will be knitting. Perhaps it will be an excuse for more stashing.

The Olympic clock is ticking away as well. Time to start thinking about moving into the village with all the other knitters. Think gloves, think handpainted yarn. Sweet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Well, well, little lady, that's some purty stash enhancement ya got goin' there...can't wait ta see whatcha do with it!

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you can actally go somewhere and stand in front of a display of Koigu. Just green with envy I tell ya!!

Lovely stash enhancement. It makes me giddy with excitement to get new yarn. :)

6:27 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Oh my gosh - I think Stashing is catching!! I've added too - But I call it Therapy.
Now that I've got my Sockapaloooza pal I've got plenty to choose from - but I doubt I'll use anything I have - more fun to find more!
All is better here, weather, moods, health - see my latest post.
thanks for your thoughts and support - it means a lot!
Knit on - Julie

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home