PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Training Session



Sunday I worked 7 hours overtime. I got home a little after 1:00 pm and spent the rest of the day in training for the Knitting Olympics.

I took a power nap. Totally necessary skill.

I ignored the dishes in the sink until nearly bedtime. (If you don't go in the kitchen, it don't bother you none.)

I stopped at the grocery on the way home from work (good time management skills) and got stuff for a real quick dinner (take out of box and stick in oven). No wasted energy cooking gourmet meal that others in the household may look at once and refuse to eat, going instead for the hot dogs or peanut butter.

Left bed unmade for five hours after husband got up. Personal best in that particular skill.

Did straighten up trash that teenager (ahemAnniecoughcough) left in living room. I draw the line somewhere. Said teenager being at work and therefore unavailable for Olympic training support activities.

Knit on sock with sock yarn and tiny needles, as practice for knitting sock yarn with small needles into fingerless gloves. Watched some football for old man's sake and then, when he left the room, switched to figure skating. (Don't know how that happened, honey.) Serious Olympic practice time.

Serious NO GUILT--ENJOY THE PROCESS time.

Must get more practice time. I'm anxious to see if this sock fits better than the first pair does, which you can see in the picture above. They fit, just too loose for my preference. Also, I want to be able to say that I have finished something in January, and get posted to the sock KAL's.

Appropriated husband's recliner for Olympic knitting. Sorry, dear, we all have to make some sacrifices.

Just wait til the real thing starts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Wow, Pat. Such a training regimen! Don't overdo it at first, you have to work up to things after all! ;)

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe You'll kill the rest of us. I haven't even started my workout! Oh wait, she said that swatching was okay... all right. I'm at least on the right track. heh Trying to toughen up my butt by sitting in the knitting chair for long intervals.

10:14 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Gosh - that sounds like my Sunday - except the overtime work part and the husband part (None)...other than that my day exactly - especially the teenager pickup part - it doesn't end does it! Good luck with the socks - like everything else - just takes practice and then you're hooked!
TTFN

4:34 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks for your kind words concerning my Bianca. (I can't get my platform to get commenter emails so that I can respond to comments that way...sheesh)

7:01 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

Olympic training sounds rigorous. THe nap is crucial. Glad to know you are already aware of the power of napping. Now I am inspired. I'll have to start getting in shape too. Keep making me laugh!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home