PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Seeing Red

That's what Annie was doing, at least. Saturday morning as I was just about to head out the door to work, Annie stopped me. "I don't feel good." "What's the matter?" "Look at my eyes!"

Now, Annie tends to get bad eye infections. REALLY bad eye infections. I took one look at her face and knew it was the worst. The thing is, when she gets them, she needs to go to her eye doctor, like, immediately, and here it was, Christmas Eve at a little before 6:00 am.

Well, to make a long story short, the doctor did open his office that morning just to see her and get her on her meds. He saw her again on Monday and again today, and his office doesn't reopen until next Tuesday! Thank heaven for a dedicated doctor! (Thank heaven for medical insurance!!!) And Annie is feeling much better now and the red is pretty much gone.

The knit gifts worked well. Maria likes the Isis Wrap and her Bernat Boa scarf. She also noticed that I had finished knitting the second No-Swatch Hat and claimed it for herself. Barbara wasn't sure at first about the Ribbed Shrug, but after she wore it a while she decided that she really liked it and that her friends would probably be envious. Sorry, no pictures today, but maybe I'll get lucky and get them to pose for me sometime.

And the contents of the big mystery box? Not yarn, but something to ease those tight muscles after knitting too long -- a full size chair cushion massager. I'll admit, the old man certainly had me fooled, but now if I could just chase everyone else away from it...

2 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Ohhhhh, what a great great gift. Does the cushion work well? I hope you give us a complete post about it once you get to use it! I am looking forward to the shrug photos.

12:27 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Pat - Like your recap of how everyone liked thier knitted gifts - I'm knitting my sisters vest over - tore it out on Christmas day - just didn't fit right! Oh Well. She gave me knitting cash and was thinking of some of those interchangeable needles - http://www.knitdenise.com/index.cfm... have you ever used any? I always need a circular needle length that I don't have and thought these might work great.

Hope you have a great New Year - Knit on!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home