PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Trees


First off, let me apologize for the way I've been bouncing around different fonts. I think I've about decided the way I want the blog to look, at least until the next time.

I've been enjoying traveling around the knit-blogosphere and reading about all the preparations for Christmas going on. I especially enjoy visiting random knitblogs and seeing what I can find. The pictures of everyone's snowy weather are also interesting, especially since here in Southern Arizona we are just in the middle of fall.

This is a lousy picture of the first of our two trees to be up and decorated. We bought two artificial trees a number of years ago when we first went to Germany. You can tell that these are older trees -- the lights are not factory installed. We had to get two trees just because of the number of decorations I had collected. This tree is the handmade tree. It has many decorations that I embroidered and quilted when we were first married, as well as all the ornaments the kids made in school. This tree also used to be covered with Hallmark ornaments. The grandmothers would give each of the kids an ornament for Christmas. This was okay for a few years, when the kids were young and there weren't so many of them, but after a while it started to get ridiculous, trying to put something close to two hundred good sized ornaments on one tree. So I finally quit putting any of them on. The Hallmark ornaments now sit in boxes, waiting for each child to leave home and start putting up their own trees, when they will have a ready made collection of ornaments to start out with.

The second tree is up and still waiting to be decorated. However, when I got home from work today, a big box was sitting behind it, with my name on the tag. This is a pretty big box. I don't think I've ever gotten a box this big. I told the old man that I didn't remember ever asking for anything this big. He said that it isn't something I've ever asked for. This is scary. What has he gotten into his head that I would want that I've never known up to now that I really did want?


Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's not a big box of yarn.


3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Now, Pat...You never know... ;)

5:46 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Ohhhh, but it could be yarn! But he said it's something you've never asked for. How fun. When will you open it?

What are your top 3 guesses?

Presents, they are so fun.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked for an ironing board once. My mother had a fit, but she bought it for me anyways! I wonder what it could be?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home