PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Mystery Socks

A couple months ago I finished up the pair of socks for Abigail's little Apres Christmas sock swap. I was knitting socks for Abigail herself, and couldn't post until the swap was over. So here are the Mystery Socks revealed: The Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn Clark from Favorite Socks. The yarn was Lang Jawoll in green (I did not use the reinforcing thread), and they were knit on US Size 2 needles with no pattern adjustments.

I really enjoyed this pattern. The texture work in a solid color was something I'd been wanting to knit for a while. I like knitting with multicolored yarn, but I really wanted to see the pattern show up without the yarn competing for attention. This was a wonderful knit, and pehaps someday I'll make a pair for myself. I also would use the Jawoll again without any hesitation.

Abigail, wear them in good health!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe that I've never knit Retro Rib. What's wrong with me? :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

How satisfying to have all that texture showing up on the solid color yarns. Beautiful, beautiful socks. She's a lucky girl!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I have already worn them. So warm and snuggly.

Thank you so much, I will always think of you when they go onto my happy feet.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That's a very fine looking pair of socks! Nice choice of pattern for that yarn!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home