PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, February 01, 2008

B is for...



Buddy, our rescue dog. He's been with us now since Thanksgiving, 2006. For those of you not familiar with his story, Buddy was dumped in the desert where county animal control found him. I saw him in the holding kennel near my old work office and that, as they say, was that. He was skinny, malnourished, suffering from tapeworm and foot infections, and scared to death to get in a car. Now he is as healthy as can be, grown up and filled out, very protective of the house and of me, and loves to go ride in the car.

That's my baby, and my walking companion.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

I remember when Buddy come to live with you. He turned into a wonderful companion!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Becky G said...

What a sweet doggy. He looks like he has some Collie in him. I have a rescue dog, too. My Rylea came from the pound. I picked her up on the day before she was scheduled to be executed, and what joy she has brought to our home!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Buddy now looks a picture of health and contentment. Well done!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Nea said...

Amazing what love can do to a pet/person in need. Buddy really does look happy now.

3:27 PM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

I'm so glad everthing worked out for you both. It sounds like you found yourself a wonderful companion!

6:29 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Buddy understands grace, and you have been an instrument of it. What a handsome boy he is!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy is a handsome pup!!! He looks perfectly content with a smile on his face!!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

You are so brave to rescue. Buddy is darling. I love hearing about him.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home