PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tea and Spices

There are a few pictures of gifts, besides cheese, that are worth sharing. Michael's girlfriend Carolyn, who is Irish and a talented Irish dancer, gave me a basket full of tea time treats. (Alright, she gave it to Joe, too, but he's mostly a heathen when it comes to tea and such.)

Two boxes of tea and Cadbury chocolate.

What I would call cookies, and what Joe calls tea cookies, and what the packages call "digestive biscuits". The term delights me. Can anyone enlighten me as to what exactly is meant by that? At any rate, they are very good. I may have to make afternoon tea a habit.

The grandbabies Veronica and Felicity, with Mom's help, made Grandma and Grandpa some gifts. A wreath made of handprints; don't you just love the little handprint bow?

And spice cookie ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree. Our first gifts "handmade" by grandbabies.



Maria's socks should be finished today, one last project completed for the year. I think I've decided what I'll start on New Year's day. It will be a scarf. But at least one sweater must get knit this year. We're going to Alaska in September and I really ought to have a handknit sweater. And lots of scarves, mitts, hats, etc. But must have a sweater. I've been perusing EZ's books and am strongly leaning that way. It's probably the only way to get something that will fit the way I want. Any thoughts on a good EZ sweater for a first attempt?



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

What wonderful gifts. The wall hanging is so cute. I don't have any experience with any of the EZ sweaters but I do like the Sweater workshop ones and you can really customize them and make them fit great the Twisted Sister's Sweater book is a good one for making a sweater that fits right.

Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

8:33 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

I am a great fan of EZ's knit from the top down sweaters using interesting yarns Of course, Plain stockinette, though boring, is absolutely the most versatile of sweaters. Usually I choose color, then yarn, then work up a pattern. Best of luck!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go visit Margene at zeneedle.typepad.com, as she is starting an EPS group-along, I think, for EZ's percentage system sweater.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the handprint wreath is wonderful. Gives me a great idea for next year!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home