PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Properly Done

I'm long overdue for a proper blog entry. Now, though, that the house is decorated, the two trees are up, the outside lights are finally strung, and the shopping is done (YESSSSS!) I can sit down and write one...in between batches of cookies baking and batches of laundry!

Back two weeks ago (see how awfully behind I am?) Kelly at The Gabby Knitter nominated me for the "Nice Matters Award". I quote what Kelly wrote: "It is to be awarded to “Those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. ” I was really touched and honored by her nomination. If anything at all, this describes what I aim for in blogging. Not just knitting (because there's been precious little of that the last few weeks), but making friends and being friends and trying to bring something uplifting to that small portion of the world that I can reach. And Kelly, bless her, has made me feel that I've succeeded at least in some small way. Thank you, Kelly!

Now I know that I'm supposed to nominate another seven bloggers for this award, but I think I'm going to wait until the Christmas frenzy is over. I know that it will probably be that long until many of us start thinking about blogging again with any regularity.

There may have been precious little knitting, but the Mystery Socks are finished! I think that's my eleventh pair of socks. I will show you them in January, as well as the goodies I've picked up for my secret pal.

The Toe-Up socks got some time in, and I was charging along when I discovered that they were coming out too small for me. I knew I should have made them 72 stitches instead of 64! I was all set to frog them when Maria, who is home for Christmas break, wandered by and asked what I was doing? She tried them on and lo and behold, a perfect fit! So now instead of frogging I am knitting these for her. Finally, a kid who wants a pair of handknit socks!

Big Cat says, "I'm Mommy's helper. I check everything out before she hangs it on the tree." Little Cat is hiding. She undecorates the tree faster than I can decorate it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Congratulations on your award "Nice Matters." Another expression that I like is "Character Counts" - that's the slogan the City of San Clemente has everywhere and you know, when I'm there I notice the difference in the people. They are just nicer than in LA. Very pretty tree - this year I'm enjoying all the virtual trees as I'm not decorating myself.

9:46 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

You totally deserve it!

Love that Christmas star and it looks like Big Cat is dying to help you unpack that box or jump in it.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Congrats on your award! You are very nice indeed.

Merry Christmas and hugs, lots of them.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home