PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WWMW

Thank you all for the well wishes concerning my back issues. Thanks to an excellent chiropractor, I'm feeling a lot better today. I've been having some problems for a couple weeks now, but Sunday everything just went to heck in a handbasket and I could barely move for about a day and a half. Now I'm back walking again and functioning pretty well. Actually, I feel best when up on my feet and moving around. When I sit for any length of time, the muscles seem to tighten up again. But there seems to be some steady improvement. Buddy is keeping me on my feet!


It's fun to walk at night and see the Christmas lights go up around the neighborhood. But it's even more enjoyable in the daytime to walk and see the snow on the mountains. There are some very nice views around certain corners where the mountains just seem to leap out at you.
There is still a lot of green around the neighborhood as well. In a lot of places in Arizona, new houses go up after all the existing trees are bulldozed and very few replacement trees are planted. I'm glad that we are in an area with a lot of established trees. We have planted some of our own in addition to what was already here when we bought the house, and things are looking pretty good.
Of course the front porch is still decorated in fall colors and still pleases my eyes every time I come home.
One of these days this pumpkin will finally get cut up and the seeds roasted. The autumn's last hurrah.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Very enjoyable. I love to take walks (my beagle and I go for a walk every morning and evening) and I enjoyed a virtual stroll through your neighborhood! I'm glad the back is feeling better. I also still have my pumpkin on my front porch :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

So glad to hear that your back is doing better. We still have the fall decorations up here, too. I've always waited until December to decorate for Christmas.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I still need to bring in our pumpkins and dead porch plants. It takes a while to do all there is to do and sometimes things just don't get done at all. heh Last winter our pumpkins STAYED on the porch, frozen, thawed, frozen, thawed, mushy, gross.... we finally shoveled them off the step and put them on the grass and had pumpkins growing in the flower bed in the spring! heh

Pat I'm glad to know your back is better. It's ROTTEN to be down for any reason! Take good care. XOXOX

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your back is feeling better! I have to get rid of my pumpkins too. I love fall so much I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

3:44 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

God bless chiropractors!

I always enjoy your walks. Thanks so much.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Yeah for Buddy! Dogs are such a blessing and keep us moving, even when we don't want to:D

Love the long distance walk. I still don't miss AZ.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home