PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

November Flowers

The front yard looks like spring.



I've been told that pansies are a good choice for a winter garden here, as the temperatures will be ideal for them. So when the garden center got in a big shipment a couple weeks ago, I bought a flat and replanted the beds in the front yard. Since I planted them, it's been sunny, dry, and warm -- in the 80's still some days, but cool at night. The pansies are doing very well right now. So we will see how this garden experiment works as the year draws to it's close.
There has not been much knitting going on since I returned from Michigan. Not as much as might have been. Nana, who will be 91 a week from today, has been back in the care center for the last few weeks. It has been fairly stressful for us, but she seems to be doing a bit better now. This time around I really didn't feel much like knitting while visiting. Just this past Monday I felt optimistic enough to be comfortable knitting while there. But then I didn't go anymore this week because I came down with that stomach bug that seems to be making the rounds. Unfortunately, I still had to struggle through working, since we were already short handed. So I packed up plenty of tea, fruit, and crackers and found an isolated area to do what I had to do. Fortunately I seem to be better now.
There has been knitting, though. There was ONE finished knit in October, but it wasn't socks. I've been working on the Welsh Country Stockings, and have finally passed the heel and gusset. This took awhile as I was doing a reinforced heel with two strands of the black yarn, and I'm still not fast at two handed stranded knitting. I hope to rectify that situation one of these days, though.
Pictures of the one FO soon.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pansies are ever so beautiful! I hope they'll stay as gorgeous for as long as possible!

5:50 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

We do winter pansies here too - they are always so happy!

2:34 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Sweet little pansy faces. And what a splendid sock! All blessings to Nana.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pansies are beautiful! The sock looks great. I hope your Nana continues to do well. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home