PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Package in the Garage

It can be rather disconcerting, two days before Christmas, to find a wrapped package in the old refrigerator in the garage. No tags. No clues. Except that it obviously needs to be kept cold. For that matter, it wouldn't have to be in the old refrigerator. The garage itself right now is one gigantic icebox.

Christmas went pretty much according to plan, except that Nana did not want to leave the comfort zone of her room at the care center and did not come home on either the eve or the day. We didn't open gifts until afternoon when Joe was totally done with his church duties. Annie already had received her gift. She had been wanting a good electric keyboard for her apartment and we found her an excellent used one. The past few days have been filled with music in the house again.

The front hallway after the ritual opening of the gifts and flinging of the paper.

Although I wrote out a Christmas list that hinted at sock yarn, I didn't get any this year. Probably just as well. I've got lots of yarn in the stash already, although Barbara, who has appropriated the Branching Out scarf, thinks that I need to start knitting sweaters. Not for me, of course, but for a teenager who might just condescend to wear one. And I probably should, but there's all that sock yarn, and all that laceweight I've stashed now, and lots of yarn for scarves and shawls. I've been trying to decide what project I will start on New Year's day. I'm pretty sure it will be a scarf in something special and pretty, just Which One? Then again, I've been looking at all my counted cross stitch patterns, and the quilts and the pieced tops that are waiting patiently. It's quite cold and bitterly windy out tonight (sorry, Buddy, don't think we're going to walk tonight!) and the thought of curling up on the couch with a warm quilt on my lap is quite tempting. But I want to finish Maria's other sock before she goes back to school, and then I want to get Felicity's blanket finished, and the Cherry Leaf Shawl is sitting on the sewing machine with the drop spindle, both waiting for attention...Perhaps I should quit working and housework and just knit and spin and quilt all day. Quite a plan, provided I don't plan on eating. Or doing the laundry. Or...Anyways, I'm making a New Year's resolution to try and relax a bit about things and spend more time doing knitting and spinning and quilting and creating. There's too much that I want to do. And Ravelry doesn't help.

The box in the refrigerator? Some of my favorite cheese from Michigan. Gotta love a man who knows what I like.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Ohhhhh cheese. YUM. Great fun gift to find in the fridge . Im all about snuggling up to a good fire and knitting today. Snowfall expected 5 inches.

8:58 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I am in total agreement with your NY resoultion!
And the cheese looks yummy...I'll bring some fruit and wine....

Happy NY Pat!

6:04 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

I can see you, fists clenched, jaw set, eyes squeezed shut, shouting, "I WILL relax! I WILL relax!" I'm laughing with you, not at you. I hope you can let things slide and not feel guilty about it because you were doing something else that made you happy.

Cheese? GOOD man! HUg him once for me.

And have a fabulous time on the cruise!! Lots of pictures, please!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home