PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Extremely Eager,...

...Eager for many things to be underway.

On the first I cast on for my new scarf project. I decided that I could do nothing better than knit a Friendship Scarf celebrating my blog friends. So I picked out Laura's hand dyed Sugar Bunny Boulevard merino sock yarn, that has been marinating for a good time waiting for the perfect project. Laura is one of my longest blog pals, so it is more than appropriate to use her yarn for the scarf. Then the pattern is the Sockret Scarf by one of my newest blog friends, Susan. It is a really nice pattern, just lacey enough for me and requiring just enough attention to make it interesting and relaxing. I knit up this much during and after New Year's dinner fixings, and now it is waiting for me to take on our winter vacation next week. Perfect cruise and airport knitting! I know that I will really treasure this scarf as a reminder of all my knitting friendships!

Since I wanted to reserve this scarf for cruise knitting, I turned my attention the last few days to the Natalya gauntlets. In what time I could carve out at work, I finished the first one and almost got to cast on the second. I decided that I didn't want the arms quite so long, so I shortened the length before the thumb gusset by half. The Prairie Silk is very thick and comfy. This gauntlet took almost one full 88 yard hank. I really like this yarn; too bad it's been discontinued.


Since I had to work most of the day, Maria took the Apres Sock Swap box to the post office for me and sent it on it's way. So once I get back home I will finally be able to post pictures of the Mystery socks and the other goodies that went along with them. Plus I get to look forward to having a surprise swap box waiting for me when I get back. In the meantime, I am Extremely Eager to sail to warm, sunny climes and lots of blue water and sea air. Especially for No Work, No Alarms and No Cell Phones. Very Especially for time to read, knit, and savor rum punch. Hoping to see dolphins and whales in between reading, knitting, and rum punching. See you all in about ten days!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Claudia Bugh said...

Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing trip. Take it from me drinking rum punch and knitting the lace scarf are activities that should not be done together! Have fun - I'm looking forward to seeing the mystery sock pics.

9:06 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Have a wonderful time!!!

12:42 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Bonbon voyage!

Gorgeous scarf! Excellent merge of yarn and pattern.

10:33 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Have a good ole rum punch for me!

3:41 PM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Beautiful scarf beginnings and love the gauntlets! Have a great trip!

3:52 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time!

and... The gauntlet looks really nice!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home