PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Day For Pleasantries



What a pleasant and lovely surprise, to find myself awarded not once, but twice, with the coveted and greatly sought "You Make My Day Award"! I want to thank my good blog friends Susan and Claudia both for nominating me and for being the sort of folks who make my day as well. And also to you, my new readers -- you know who you are -- who have visited from both Susan and Claudia's blog and have done me the kindness of adding Pumpkinknitter to your reading lists.

And so, with no further ado, I give you my list of ten nominees (I could add more than ten, easily, but you know how these things work...):

Annie of Annie Knits, for her way with words;

Dipsy at DipsyDoodle, for great knits and her pretty kitties;

Kelly at The Gabby Knitter, for the beautiful handspun and rovings she posts about;

Kathy at IrishEyes, especially for her pre-Christmas poetry;

Abigail at 1870Pearl, churning out all those socks;

Janine at Knitting on an Island, for so frequently making me laugh, not to mention a gallery of impressive knits;

Cyndy at Riverrim, for pictures of her corner of the world that are beautiful and evocative;

Roxie at Sanna's Bag, for some of the best humorous writing in Blogland;

Judy at Smatterings, for a weekly treat with Walk With Me Wednesdays;

and Laura at Sugar Bunny Boulevard, for pictures of her children that always bring a smile.

Now I have to confess that I forgot to post my nominees for the "Nice Matters" award. I was going to wait until after Christmas and here we are coming up on Valentine's Day. But this will have to wait for another post. The arm is improving, but too much typing is not good for it, yet. It seems that a lot of computer time at work last week probably did more to aggravate the arm than the knitting did. But now we have gotten another office computer, and therefore the data entry duties should be divided up a lot better. No overload on just one person!

Finally today, since Susan was so kind as to link to me with her Sock'ret scarf pattern, I give you a picture of the current progress. (I hoped to have it finished before this, but all that typing at work threw that plan out the window real quick.) For those of you who haven't been reading regularly, the yarn is sock weight merino hand dyed by Sugar Bunny Boulevard. Very soft and very perfect for this pattern.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Thank you Pat! I am humbled!

The scarf is looking lovely!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

That scarf reminds me of sugar maples in the fall.

Nice work, friend...

Blessings!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's fun to follow your links as well - good choices! I'm glad you have someone to share the computer time - using the computer too much is a problem.

9:47 PM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Thanks for thinking of me Pat!

The scarf is beautiful. I really love those colors. I'm glad your arm is feeling better!

7:38 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat, Thank YOU!

What alovely lovely thing.

I have to check out all the others blogs. That is a gift too!

5:31 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Well Shazam, shazam, shazam! I'm deeelighted to see that you think I'm funny. That says a great deal for your wit and intelligence. Thank, you, Pat. I feel sincerely complimented.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home