PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, December 30, 2005

And now what?


The Christmas knitting is over -- the shrug and the wrap are done -- however, not photographed yet as who can keep track of two teenagers on break from school? The prayer shawl and the lace scarf haven't been touched in at least a month or so, so what's a gal to do? Just what any knitter worth her salt would do. Cast on something new!

This is the start of the Simple Stripes Sweater from KnitPicks, one of the free patterns on the website. This is the first foray into self-patterning yarn for me and I think it's going to be quite addictive. I like working on the little needles, too. (US 1's)

Sockbug posted a list of everything she knit in the last year; rather an impressive list, at least to me. I'm not going to do the same, and I will use the excuse that I really just got started up knitting again this past spring. But I do want to make a list of what I've got in the stash right now for the next year's knitting:

Enough yarn (mostly Paton's Kroy) for seven pairs of socks.

One skein of Wildfoote to do Susan's wristwarmers, also from KnitPicks.

One skein of Elsebeth Lavolde's Silky Wool to do Branching Out.

Enough KnitPicks Shine to do a good sized scarf.

Right, not a very big stash. But it's going to grow, I assure you, because I've gotten gifted with plenty of Cash for Christmas that I can use now to get stuff to make my wishlist:

Koigu for Charlotte's Web and the Patch of Berries Scarf.

At least one PoA scarf, and possibly the matching hats, etc.

Anything with Noro.

Morehouse Farms Merino, for a shrug for me this time.

Clapotis, sometime.

Try some gloves.

Make the Miss Dashwood hat from Knitty for Miss Nikki.

Something, ANYTHING, from Folk Shawls.

And join at least two knitalongs.

Let's see how far I get this year! And a Happy (and Safe) New Year to all my new friends! You're the best!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home